Orchard Gardens K-8 School welcomes support in the form of financial donations or in-kind contributions of time or services. We deeply appreciate our supporters who are helping make the vision for Orchard Gardens a reality.
There are three ways to make a financial donation to Orchard Gardens:
- Check: The Boston Educational Development Foundation (BEDF) is the Boston Public Schools’ non-profit foundation. BEDF is a 501c(3) tax exempt organization (Federal and State tax identification number: 22-2514422). Please put “Orchard Gardens K-8 School” in the subject line of the check and any accompanying letter and mail to 906 Albany Street, Roxbury MA 02119
- On-line: To make a donation on-line, please visit Network for Good. In the “Designation” box, indicate Orchard Gardens K-8 School.
- Donors Choose Website: Orchard Gardens teachers frequently post project requests on the Donors Choose website. Type Orchard Gardens as the keyword to find current project requests from our teachers.
If you are interested in volunteering at Orchard Gardens or making a donation of goods or services, please contact Michelle Boyers, COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of on-going needs for donations and sponsorships to support Orchard Gardens’ students and staff, including enrichment opportunities for students, resources for teachers, and student rewards and incentives.
1. Donated books for both classrooms and for students to take home (all levels)
2. Sponsorship of Paws PRIDE Celebrations (quarterly positive behavior incentive celebrations for those students who earned the requisite number of lion paws).
- $300 to sponsor a celebration (food, entertainment, gifts, etc.)
- Donate prizes for the raffle or gift bags (playground equipment, gift cards, athletic equipment, baseball hats, books, electronic games, etc)
3. Sponsorship of student prizes for perfect attendance, including tickets to events and trips to amusement parks at the end of the year.
4. Sponsorship of two Arts Showcases per year (~$400 per showcase) for food/beverages, printing fliers, displays and additional art supplies/materials.
5. Donated student uniforms
- Sponsor a student whose family cannot afford school uniform: $50 for two shirts and a sweatshirt
- Donate new or gently used khaki pants: Navy blue for grades K-5 and beige for grades 6 – 8 (boys and girls all sizes)
- Donate new or gently used navy blue sweaters (boys and girls all sizes)
6. Athletic team and club sponsorships to help us build and expand sports and club programs for students, including:
- Transportation costs for athletic events: Bus costs range from $250-$350 depending on distance.
- Sponsorships of sports teams and clubs (coaches, officials, equipment replacement) at approximately $3,500 per team. Need football, lacrosse, baseball, softball, cheerleading and yearbook club.
7. Purchase a full or half-page advertisement in the Orchard Gardens yearbook or literary magazine, The Lion’s Den. ($50 – $300 for a full-color ad depending on size)
8. Building beautification projects including live trees for school entryway, rotunda, atrium and library, silk flowers for darker areas/offices, and mulch, flowers and plants (in spring) for the school yards and flower beds.
9. Computers and printers for classrooms (in good working order). Minimum requirements: Windows XP or newer, Mac OS X Leopard or newer both with at least 1GB of Ram
10. Sponsor staff development activities:
- Professional development and team-building retreats
- Teacher Appreciation breakfast or lunch
13. Donated video-taping equipment for filming school events and Flip cameras for smaller, classroom activities/productions.
14. Sponsor Summer Service Learning Trips for students