Middle School Curriculum
Our middle school program is designed to provide every student with a schedule of courses that meets their individual needs and ensures that they are fully prepared to succeed at the best high schools in Boston. We offer classes for English Language Learners from Spanish speaking countries as well as Cape Verde. We also offer an inclusive model for students with special needs.
Highlights of our middle school program include:
- Daily, full-year courses in Science and Social Studies for every student
- Rigorous, common-core aligned curriculum in Math and English Language Arts
- Full menu of arts electives for each student, including visual arts, strings, band, vocal music, media arts, and theater arts
- Intensive high school application support in the eighth grade
- An extended day with opportunities for small group tutoring, enrichment, and academic support
Nothing to show.
The OGPS Blog
OGPS Students Were Guests at Governor Patrick’s ‘Lone Walk’
Students and other members of the OGPS community were invited by Governor Patrick to be guests at the traditional ‘Lone Walk’… Read More
NPR Profiles OGPS’ Arts Success
WBUR, one of Boston’s NPR stations, profiled the great work being done at OGPS. Read More